Sunday, July 17, 2011

Multiple Exposure

Fig. 1
 For this, I used two images I took for our book club, Bookbound. (Check out our Tumblr account.)

Fig. 2
This is my latest work. These are five images combined to create the illusion of a moving car. As much as I want to reveal my latest project, I can't. It's a surprise. Sort of a gift for very special people and it has something to do with this photo.

Fig. 3
It has been months since I last worked on a new profile photo. Well, this isn't new at all. I just combined three old profile photos of mine to achieve this multiple exposure effect. I had to fill the entire frame by choosing images where the subjects were not on the same position so the result won't look as if I just piled them up.


I have recently discovered the multiple exposure effect on Picasa. I wanted to buy a toy camera and explore lomography but I was reluctant to do so since I have an SLR which works with film and to buy a new one wouldn't be so practical at all.


As I was making collages for a new project, I saw the multiple exposure option on the collage presets available in Picasa 3. I was so intrigued that I had to get my hard drive to get photos to experiment on. The first try was messy and so I thought of looking for photos which will fill the entire frame from left to right. The photos above are the finish products of this mini experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics